YES Charter Academy
School Bus Behavior Contract
Agreement between the Parents, Students and School
Bus drivers, students, parents, and the school all share the responsibility for bus safety, following all bus rules, and behaving in a responsible manner while riding the bus. Riding the school bus is a privilege. If you behave appropriately, you will be allowed to ride the bus. This agreement is designed to ensure that all students riding the bus are picked-up and dropped-off in a safe and orderly manner.
Below, you will find the terms and conditions that must be agreed upon in order for your child to ride the Yes Charter Academy school bus. Please initial each bulleted category to note that you have read and agree with the information.
I agree to ride the bus safely and follow all bus rules
- Arrive at my designated bus stop at least (5) minutes prior to the buses scheduled arrival time
- Stay away from the bus until it comes to a complete stop. Load and unload in an orderly fashion
- Stay seated (with your back to the back of the seat, facing forward). Seatbelt fastened.
- Observe the same conduct as in the classroom
- Keep hands and feet to myself, inside of the bus not outside or in the aisle
- Talk softly at all times. Excessive noise is an unsafe distraction to the bus driver.
- Be Courteous. Use no inappropriate language. Talk kindly to others.
I agree to treat the bus, the driver, and all the passengers with respect
- Obey directions from my bus driver. Driver is authorized to assign seats.
- Cooperate with the bus driver my name when asked
- Respect bus property. Do not be Destructive. Vandalism will not be tolerated.
- Respect personal property at bus stops and on bus
- Keep bus clean, pick up after yourself. Deposit trash in garbage can at front of bus.
- No inappropriate conversations or boy/girl touching allowed
I have read and understand the parent/student school bus behavior contract, and know that these bus rules and procedures fall under the umbrella of the Yes Charter Academy Student and Parent handbook.
If I choose not to follow this contract, I understand the following consequences may occur, or in the event of a serious offense I may be suspended from the bus immediately:
- 1st Offense : My parent(s)/guardian will be notified by the school bus driver or designate either verbally or via bus conduct report. I will be warned about the consequences of not following the school bus rules. I may be assigned a seat by the bus driver until my behavior improves. I understand that other disciplinary measures may be taken if I violate the school bus rules or the school code of conduct.
- 2nd Offense : A bus conduct report will be issued. An administrator will notify my parent(s)/guardian about my behavior. I will definitely be assigned a seat by the bus driver and I may lose all bus privileges for 3 to 5 days.
- 3rd Offense : Same as above, but I may be subject to an indefinite suspension and subject to a last chance agreement before I am allowed to return.
For severe cases: students may be suspended immediately from the bus for severe infractions for a period of time to be determined by a school administrator. A serious infraction, such as a weapon, drug or physical violence, may result in bus privileges being suspended immediately.
Note: I know and understand, if bus privileges are suspended, I must arrange my own transportation to and from school. Students must continue to attend school. Additional referrals (regarding behavior on the bus) may result in removal from the bus for the remainder of the school year.